Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

PLUS SIZE OPINION: VACATION (WHAT I HAVE LEARNED WHEN I WAS AWAY)



I am not really a vacation person because I love working hard and doing things for Erzullie. Unfortunately, the stress of the Holiday 2013 collection production and marketing is getting to me. So I had to force myself and Berna to rest --- but it was the best decision I have ever made. It thought me some life lessons that I will cherish for a long time.

Lesson 1: You can take a vacation and everything will be all right.

One of the reasons that I don’t like to take a vacation is that I am always afraid of “what if something bad happens when I go away?”

The truth is both good and bad things will happen when you are away or even if you are just there. The important part is to keep faith that whatever happens --- you can deal with it later.

Lesson 2: It is about taking a break from the usual.

I have realized as the days went on that there is more to life than my usual routine of waking up at 5 am and finish everything by 9 am until 3pm. Life happens in conversations, discoveries and personal enrichment.

Lesson 3: It’s about the reconnection with yourself

We can get lost with all the responsibilities but a vacation will give you time to reflect about your life in general --- how good you got it, how better you are than before and how things become even more awesome in the future.

So I hope that you ladies, would also take your own mini vacation. Whether or not it’s in a luxurious place, you do deserve it. Because it’s all about “vacating yourself” to find yourself again.


Erzullie is a fierce plus size fashion brand from the Philippines dedicated to designing demi-couture styles for the empowered Erzulliesta. Shop online: http://erzullie.wix.com/shop