Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 20, 2013

PLUS SIZE MODEL: LOREN MONARES “THE STRENGTH OF A WOMAN”



We all go through challenges in life, but what makes a huge difference is the decision that we make when we are confronted by it. Are we going to cower and let this situation dictate our lives or we fight back for a different life we deserve?

Erzullie Icon and Plus Size Model, Loren Monares, shares her experiences as a woman emerging victorious from a disastrous pivotal moment of her life. Being dubbed as the “Diamond Girl” by her fans, she is more than just the face of Erzullie’s Holiday 2013 collection --- she actually lives it and shares why every woman should have the title.

#1 It’s another collection shoot for you (Holiday 2013) but this time Erzullie designer, Berna Cuevas, literally said that you inspired it. What can you say about that and the collection itself?



I feel grateful as I never thought that my life could inspire others.

When I first saw the collection, the words that came out of my mind were firm, positive and pure.  For me these are the things that define me as a woman.

To be specific, I love the white dress because it's the first time that Erzullie broke the old tradition of white clothing as "no-no" for plus size women. When you wear it, you realize that it’s not bad at all as long as you have the right cut, design and fit.

#2 The message of the collection is basically about Erzulliestas emerging glorious after a huge obstacle. Can you relate to that?

Yes. I think one of my biggest obstacles this year was ending a relationship. It was difficult to let go of a person whom you thought would have been your lifetime partner.



I have realized that there are things that happen which we do not understand, but continue to have faith in God that He knows better and what's best for us. It was a conscious effort from me to move on and face the new chapter of my life with positivity and hope for a better future. Of course, all of these weren't possible without the help of my family and friends.

#3 For you, what makes a woman a “diamond” in her own right?



It's basically the ability to be firm and stand up every time she gets crushed. She is able to mend the broken pieces and rebuild herself into a stronger individual, capable of facing the world with confidence, courage, wiser and more beautiful. We are unique from each other but united in glory.




Erzullie is a fierce plus size fashion brand from the Philippines dedicated to serving limited edition designer styles for the empowered Erzulliesta. Shop online: http://erzullie.wix.com/shop