Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 5, 2013

PLUS SIZE OPINION: 3 BOOKS THAT CHANGED MY LIFE



A book can change someone’s life. Now let’s list down three that did that to me and hopefully, you ladies can find them positively life-changing too!

#1 Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living In Paris by Jennifer L. Scott

This light book will actually give you great insight about “actual living”, which is having that moment at the end of the day that you feel satisfied and happy of what you did with it. It teaches you that “actually living” is going about your day with heart, eyes, mind and soul open. Since then, I have learned to slow down and relish every moment (and food) of my day.

#2 Living with Less: How To Downsize to 100 Personal Possessions by Mary Lambert

This book absolutely changed my mind about unnecessary consumerism and the actually meaning of “less is more”. It made me realize that the less stuff I have, the more focus I can spare for the things that I actually care about.  It teaches you to determine what is really important to you right now (not past and future), and with that knowledge, you can start to see what you really want in life and have more time and even money, pursuing it.

#3 Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines De La Fressange

This book taught me about finding your true meaning of fashion and style. True fashion and style is the one that works for you and it is the language of your being. From that, I was set free from constantly buying what is the latest and the most expensive, since this is not who I am in the first place. I am all about finding the right fit and practicality.

Cheers!

Aries

Erzullie is a fierce plus size fashion brand from the Philippines dedicated to serving limited edition designer styles for the empowered Erzulliesta. Shop online: http://erzullie.wix.com/shop