Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

PLUS SIZE OPINION: “LUCKY YOU”



“I’m so lucky!” How many times have you said that yourself and your life? Do you take time to feel and realize how blessed your life is, despite its ups and downs, or you just focus on how it could have been better?



It’s the end of the year. In retrospect, I have realized how lucky I was this year and how ignorant I was about it. This year, I was well fed, safe, with a roof on my head, money to spend on coffee and night-outs, privilege to keep a passionate business open, connect with people, blog constantly and freely and above all --- just plain healthy and alive. There were so many moments that I should be so grateful there and then but as I reflect upon my past, I have focused on how it could have gone better instead.



Because that is my mentality back then, I strove harder. With that, every time I do not hit my version of “better”, I became more bitter. More bitterness made me feel even more unlucky about my life so, I work harder to get it. It's a vicious cycle.

What do I end up with? A conclusion that I have a very “unlucky” life --- or so I thought --- at that point.

But now that I have survived yet another year, in retrospect, my life was not that unlucky as I thought it was. In fact, it was because of my ignorance of how lucky I was that made it awful.



So wake up to the fact that you are lucky. You have achieved so much and you have more blessings than you thought you actually deserve. You may have even been receiving awesome stuff you never asked!

Lucky you, indeed!

Cheers!

Aries


Erzullie is a fierce plus size fashion brand from the Philippines dedicated to serving limited edition designer styles for the empowered Erzulliesta. Shop online: http://erzullie.wix.com/shop