Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 6, 2013

PLUS SIZE MODEL: KAT LOPEZ “THE PASSION ROAD”



It’s easy to get lost in everything that you are passionate about, but somehow Erzullie Icon and Plus Size Model, Kat Lopez, has found a way to merge both music and modeling into one straight course. We sat down with her for a short interview about living her dream life with passion and creativity.

#1 Aside from being a plus size model, you are also a singer. How is your career so far? 

I’m doing my usual things for my profession and my creative endeavors. I’ve written a few more songs and am continuing to promote our single.

I recently did a concert in Quezon City. Other artists that performed where Apl de Ap, Q-York and Slapshock. That show had an awesome crowd to perform in! Everybody was swaying their arms to the songs and just having a good time.

#2 The music industry has a demand body-wise, how do you cope since you are also a plus size model and an advocate for it? 



There is the pressure to look good on camera, to be as tight as possible on the screens. Being an Erzulliesta, I’m steadfast on the fact that one does not need to have razor sharp jaws and hollow cheeks in order to create angles on screen. I can do that with what I have, but of course I still need to eat sensibly and move around more.



#3 How do you balance both careers?

Surprisingly both of my works for the music and fashion industry demand the same things. They’re both very visual pursuits so I need to keep my body healthy. I need to be disciplined and keep a solid practice schedule. And most importantly, they both require heart and make me unleash the same kind of fire within my every time.



I don’t feel like giving up one for the other because both feel less like jobs and more like fun things to work on. Whatever demands they require of me will be taken in perspective.





Erzullie is a fierce plus size fashion brand from the Philippines dedicated to serving limited edition designer styles for the empowered Erzulliesta. Shop online: http://erzullie.wix.com/shop