Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 31, 2014

PLUS SIZE LIFE: CHANGING CHUBBLY (CHAMI VIRAY ON THE CHANGES OF THE BRAND AND HER SELF)



Erzulliestas are always known to be very fierce when it comes to their careers and Chami Viray is no different. At 25 years old, this Erzulliesta is already wearing diverse career hats (think blogger, fashion designer and interior stylist) as she runs Chubbly, one of Manila’s top plus size fashion brands. Lately, the brand has been slowly changing directions and many are left wondering what led to it and what does it take to evolve a fashion line?

#1 First off, tell us something about Chubbly.




Aside from being a professional multi-tasker (laughs), I still have a regular office job as a finance and administration officer. Being in a corporate setting really sucks the life out of me, so I think of ways to get inspired and motivated.

Enter CHUBBLY (Chami, my nickname + the word Bubbly = CHUBBLY)! The brand was initially part of my final graduation project back in the School of Fashion and the Arts Design Institute. I get to be both the model and target market of my own brand, so I started it.

#2 So why change Chubbly?




Chubbly is a reflection of myself. Wherever I go or what I do, my brand adapts. I added a new career, so the brand needs to change too. Change is good. You just need to realize that you need it to become better.

Chubbly was solely about business and grades before, but as I took a breather and thought about the brand’s future, I wanted to have a personal relationship with the readers and connect with them. I wanted it to become a blog that can inspire and get people motivated because that’s how I do it in my life now. There’s more to life than doing things for the sake of money.



Also, I think people nowadays are too preoccupied with a lot of things that they don’t bother to sit back and relax and be grateful of the things around them. I think I’m still one of those people. So, I want to change that and spread that love and appreciation.

#3 So what’s in the process of changing Chubbly?




Chubbly is still a plus size brand. From its hip and younger youth vibe, I’m moving toward the modern, contemporary and elegant styles because that’s how I look and style myself nowadays.

I haven't really launched the 'rebirth' of Chubbly just yet. Everything is still raw and fresh on my mind.



But for now, I just re-organized my online shop and incorporated it on my blog. I want it to be more interactive and give people an idea on what it's like to be a Chubbly girl/woman --- Modern. Contemporary. Elegant. I'm pretty excited. I’m also trying to do more on Interiors and lots of DIY tips and tricks on the blog. I might have a new line coming up. So I’ll let you guys know once it’s settled.


Erzullie is a fierce plus size fashion brand from the Philippines dedicated to serving limited edition designer styles for the empowered Erzulliesta. Shop online: http://erzullie.wix.com/shop